When it comes to measuring metrics for your startup, the amount of money you have in the bank ranks quite highly on the list. And so understanding how people behave online can go a long way to converting them into paying customers.
But while going the freemium route helps attract people to actually use your product, it’s the conversion to premium that puts money in your pocket. After all, that’s how you pay your employees, yourself and the bills. Plus it’s also a key indicator that you’ve got a killer product because people are actually paying for it.
So if you’ve already gotten some traction, but want to increase your conversions and squeeze every single penny from window shoppers – keep reading! Because below you’ll find an infographic put together by BargainFox who illustrate some interesting tips and statistics to get you on the right track to optimising your checkout process. While also helping you understand how folks behave online.
From the infographic you will also discover how things like; website speed, design, and videos can influence people into hitting that ‘buy’ button. However if you want more detailed information about optimising the checkout experience for your customers, check out: 6 Ways To Improve Your Checkout Conversion Rate
For a brief run down of what to expect, here’s my top five statistics:
- Design matters! 52% of shoppers will abandon your website and will not return because of the overall aesthetics.
- 73% of customers are more likely to purchase if they can watch a video.
- 65% of global customers are not willing to wait more than three seconds for a website to load.
- 61% of online shoppers decided not to buy a product because a trust seal was missing.
- Offering live chat can increase conversions of B2B customers by at least 20%.
Discover all 65 things everybody needs to know about how people are shopping online by scrolling down for the full infographic.
65 things everybody needs to know about how people shop online
Made by: BargainFox
What about you – what was the most surprising statistic you found? Let us know by leaving a comment below.
ACCEPT ONLINE PAYMENTS
The easiest way to accept credit and debit card payments on your websiteSign Up