New payment method – ELV for Germany:
Many have requested this feature, and we upped the bar again: ELV (Direct Debit) is now available for German merchants. Even though there are no standard requirements for storing this data, we decided that we’ll offer the same tokenizing feature for ELVs as we offer for Credit Cards. This means: you don’t need to touch this sensitive data, we will handle it for you.
As part of this change, you’ll find that you can now specify a “Direct Debit object” as a payment method in our API. As a consequence. you’ll notice that we changed the transaction endpoint to reflect this: it now accepts a “payment” object, instead of “creditcard”.
Please note that this change is not backwards compatible with v1. So, we encourage you to migrate your application to the v2. But don’t worry: we’ll keep the v1 running until the end of this year.
- Safe, safer, Paymill: 3-D Secure supportAs a measure to improve the protection to you, merchant, we are adding support for 3-D Secure transactions. When your clients have a 3-D Secure credit card, they will now see an iframe with their bank’s page where they input their security token. And the best of all: you don’t have to worry about this process, as we are making it transparent to you. Please, refer to our documentation for more details about this feature.
- More countries and more languagesThis is a historic moment for us, as we are now providing our Website, Documentation and Cockpit (Merchant Center) in both English and German. We are also pleased to welcome merchants from Belgium, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom. Those countries are now joining Austria and Germany in the list of supported countries.
Additionally, we provide merchants in German-speaking countries (Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein, Switzerland) with a contract in German, France with a contract in french and the other countries with a contract in English.
Stay tuned for more languages and more countries: we are just starting!
- Transaction-specific currencyBy default, we provide you support for your local currency but we understand that some of you want to have different currencies as well. For this purpuse, we are now introducing a “transaction-based currecy”: each transaction that you create on Paymill will have their own currency.
This support is not enabled by default, so, if this is a feature you want to use, please contact us after submitting your activation form to let us know which currencies you want to offer.
Note, however, that this change is also not backwards compatible with our v1 API, but the change is easy: you just need to “currency” parameter.
- Help Pages for our CockpitIf you ever get lost in our Cockpit, or if you have questions about specific actions, take a look at our Help feature (on the right bottom corner). We hope you’ll find this useful!
- Customers with more than one payment methodWith the new version of our API, you can now also assign more than one Credit Card to a client. And if you are based in Germany, you can additionally assign ELV information.
As part of this new feature, you can now inform which payment method to use when creating a transction for a client.
I hope you are just as excited as we are to the new v2
We welcome you to visit our documentation and lear more about our v2. We prepared a page exclusively with the changes from the v1 to the v2, and we hope that you’ll find it useful.
Note that we’ll keep supporting the v1 version until the end of the year, so, you don’t need to hurry.
We are working hard to change our official API wrappers to be compatible with our v2, so, stay tuned and watch our github page.
Your Payment Engineers.